Are you ready to add a little luck of the Irish to your space? If so, a St. Patrick’s Day wreath may be just the thing you need! You don’t have to spend big bucks buying a premade wreath. In fact, you can easily make your own using all Dollar Tree craft supplies. And here is the real kicker, you don’t even have to be that crafty! Take a peek below at how to make your own Dollar Store DIY St. Patrick’s Day Wreath, just in time for the holiday season.
Dollar Store DIY St. Patrick’s Day Wreath
- Foam wreath form (make sure you choose the green rounded one and not the flat white one)
- 1 roll of burlap ribbon
- 1 bundle of green carnations w/ gold coin picks (sold in floral)
- Hot glue, glue gun
As mentioned you can find all of these items at your local Dollar Tree store. My total cost for supplies was just $3! At that price, you can afford to make one for yourself and give one as a gift.
1. Begin by adding a strip of glue to the end of your burlap ribbon. Press it to the inside of the wreath form. Start wrapping the burlap around the wreath form, pulling tightly as you go. You will want to slightly overlap it as you wrap, but don’t overlap too much or you will run out of ribbon.
2. Once the wreath form is wrapped, you can start adding the embellishment. Cut the blooms from the carnation bundle. You want to leave about 1 inch of the stem in place as it makes it easier to press them into the foam.
3. Add some hot glue under each carnation and press them into the foam. The foam as well as the glue will help them adhere to the wreath nicely. We layered three blooms next to each other, off to the side of the wreath. You can place them where you feel they look best!
4. The carnation bundles at our Dollar Tree came with gold coins in them. I cut them free, removed all of the stem, and added some glue to the back. I finished the wreath by adding the coins to the sides of the flowers. Again, this is where you can use your own taste and preferences to decide where you wish the coins to go.
Once your coins are added, your St. Patrick’ Day wreath is ready to be displayed. You can add a ribbon for hanging or just hang it from a hook as we did. As you can see, it really looks amazing and for a heck of a price!
Make your own St. Patrick’s Day wreath like the one you see here in just minutes and for just $3! A trip to your local dollar store is all you need to get amazing results.