Are you looking for ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve? Use these tips for how to make a New Year’s Eve time capsule to celebrate with family while remembering the last year.
Do you love the idea of saving a moment in time? A time capsule is a perfect way to do that. This New Year’s Eve, why not try creating a time capsule with your family or friends? When you create a time capsule, you can easily save a sliver of time to be opened and enjoyed later. How cool is that? Here is how you can get started crafting a New Year’s Eve Time Capsule of your own.
How to Make a New Year’s Eve Time Capsule
- Shoebox or container with a lid
Time capsule items:
The items in your time capsule should represent the time period they are coming from as well as reflect a little bit about you. Examples of items you would include could be a current newspaper or magazine, coins from that year, pictures and photos, popular headlines, snack wrappers, or even small toys. If crafting this time capsule on New Year’s Eve, be sure to include a few mementos from that evening such as party favors, decorative napkins with the year on them, photos, etc.
1. Place your time capsule items in a plastic bag and tie it shut. Place it in your container.
2. Write a simple letter to the persons who may open the capsule. Just let them know a little bit about the contents. Sign and date the letter and place it on top of the bag.
3. Close the capsule and secure it with tape. Use your marker to write on the container when it should be opened. You can do a year from the date, 10 years from the date, or whenever you choose.
4. Store the time capsule where it will stay safe and dry. A basement or attic is ideal if storing it in the home. If you wish to actually bury your time capsule, an airtight container or glass canister works well. Just don’t forget to mark the spot you buried it in or create an easy to read a map.
Don’t forget about your time capsule! On the designated day you will enjoy opening it up and seeing what all is inside. It is a great way to reflect on the past.
Give your own New Year ’s Eve time capsule a try. As you can see, crafting one is so easy.
Don’t have time to make a time capsule? Print out copies of this New Year’s Reflections and Resolutions sheet and let each person fill them out. Make sure to hang on to your filled out worksheet, so you can look back on your reflections and goals.
You can find the New Year’s Resolutions Printable here.