Maggie or Family Frugal Fun, is sharing 3 ways to use avocado oil to make homemade beauty treatments.
Homemade Avocado Oil Beauty Treatments
I enjoy making salon-quality beauty products at home. One of the ingredients commonly found in many skincare regiments is avocado oil. Avocado oil is great for the skin and hair in lots of ways. Today, I’d like to share 3 of my favorite “recipes” that you can use to create your very own avocado oil beauty treatments.
- Hair Conditioner – Create a moisturizing paste for your hair made from avocado oil, yogurt and egg yolk. Stir/mix well to get a consistent paste and work it over your strands evenly, covering them with a plastic wrap afterwards. Let the mixture sit in your hair for about 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and shampoo as usual. Because of the great fats and oils in the avocado it is absolutely the best natural moisturizing agent!!!
- Facial Cleaner and Moisturizer – Remove toxins from your skin and make it look younger and more radiant with a homemade facial cleanser. You’ll need 1 egg yolk,1/2 cup milk and 1/2 mashed avocado, OR ½ cup avocado oil (FYI: the oil will make a thinner consistency than the mashed avocado). Beat the egg until frothy and then add mashed avocado (or oil) and milk to it. Stir the mixture for a lotion-like consistency, and use it to cleanse your face regularly. Kept in the refrigerator for up to 10 days, this cleanser will feel cool and soft on the skin.
- Facial Beauty Mask – Avocado oil with yogurt and honey added to it makes a great moisturizing mask. Mix ingredients and stir well, until you have a paste. Apply the paste over your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse well. For a variation for oily or acne-prone skin, add lemon juice, which will help with the control the production of oil.
Making skincare and beauty treatments at home using avocado oil is quick and easy. Because this one product works in so many recipes and in so many different ways, it is also a frugal and natural way to care for your skin! It’s chemical FREE and inexpensive!
More DIY Beauty Treatments:
- How to Make Your Own Sugar Scrubs
- How to Make Your Own Facial Cleansers and Masks
- How to Make Your Own Body Lotion
- How to Make Your Own Body Wash
- How to Make Homemade Hair Treatments
- How to Make Your Own Dry Shampoo
- How to Make Your Herbal Skin Treatments
You can find more Naturally Frugal Tips here.
Do you have a Naturally Frugal Tip you would like to share? Send me an email with a link to your post (or the details if you are not a blogger) to [email protected]