Succulents are currently all the rage. They are made into all sorts of arrangements indoors and out. I have even seen them placed in pretty logs for wedding centerpieces and thought it could make a wonderful everyday decoration as well. I love bringing nature indoors as much as possible and thought I could do something similar using the faux succulents that I recently stumbled on at the dollar store to set on my spring table. Here is what I came up with after picking up a few and scavenging in my wood pile for a nice piece of wood. I loved the end result and am already planning another one for my guest bathroom. All items with the exception of the wood can be bought at dollar stores, giving you a very inexpensive project!
Rustic Faux Succulent Planter
- 3 faux succulent plants
- bagged Spanish moss
- large branch/log
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- If you want to remove bugs and “sanitize” your logs you can preheat oven to 170º. Place log on a baking sheet and bake for 2 hours then turn off and allow wood to cool.
- Remove plant from foam and plastic planter and set aside for another craft project. Cut stem off your desired succulents and play around with your placement until you are satisfied with how it looks.
- Squeeze a generous amount of hot glue onto the log where you would like a plant placed. Press it down and hold for 1-2 minutes until glue cools and sets. Continue until all your plants have been placed.
- Drape Spanish moss around and in between plants. This adds another natural aspect and can help disguised the glue.
When choosing your plants for your log arrangement opt for a variety of colors and shapes. Trailing succulents look great draped over the log.
More Succulent Planters and Home Decor: