If you are looking for a sweet treat to gift your friends and family this holiday season, look no further than this DIY sock cupcake. It is so simple to make, and you can actually grab all of the supplies you need at your local Dollar Tree store. The best part? It is a sweet treat that is a great alternative to something edible! Take a look below at how in just minutes you can make your own DIY sweet and simple sock cupcake. It is the perfect gift for babysitters, teachers, and anyone else on your wishlist who would love a cozy new pair of socks.
DIY Sock Cupcake
Pair of holiday socks
Red pom pom
That's it! Three supplies is all you need for this project. As mentioned, we found all of these items at our local Dollar Tree store. The cupcake boxes are actually sold in sets of two, so for around $6, you can make two of these gifts. That is a really reasonable price for a boutique style gift such as this.
1. Begin by laying your pair of socks so they are flat on top of each other.
2. Next, fold them in half horizontally. This would be the “long way” not the short way. This will ensure they fit in the cupcake wrapper well.
3. Once the socks are folded, start rolling them up like a jelly roll. Roll as tightly as you can.
4. The socks should now be compact and fit into the cupcake cup. If they are unrolling or coming lose, take a safety pin and pin the end of the roll to keep it intact.
5. Place a red pom pom on top of the socks. Press it down gently into the socks so it stays put.
6. Assemble your cupcake box and place the sock cupcake inside.
Your sock cupcake is now ready for gift giving. In just a few minutes, and with just a few dollars, you can easily create a gift that the recipient is sure to get a kick out of. After all, when is the last time someone gave you a sock cupcake?
Head to your local dollar store and grab all of the fixings to make your own sock cupcake. It is a sweet treat that makes the perfect holiday gift and craft!