Every little girl dreams of sparkling unicorns with gorgeous rainbow manes right? Unicorns are popping up everywhere and Christmas is no different.
Your little one can create a magical Unicorn Ornament that will bring some homemade sparkling beauty to your tree and to their eyes! You can create a herd and put them on the Christmas Tree, attach them to gifts, or give them as gifts. Unicorn ornaments are a unique idea for this year’s ornament exchange party!
Kids Easy Unicorn Ornament
You will need:
- Plastic ball ornament
- Puffy fabric paint
- Pink and white craft foam
- White craft paint
- Black paint pen (or sharpie)
- White model magic
- Clear craft glue
- Plastic cup
- Hot glue gun/sticks
You can get a box of plastic ball ornaments or buy them individually at any craft store, we bought an oversized single for this unicorn.
- Remove the hanger and cap from your plastic ornament, squeeze a tablespoon or so of white craft paint inside. Cover the opening with tape and shake and roll until completely coated inside, you may need to add paint a few times to get it thoroughly covered.
- Draw on some pretty eyelashes with your black paint pen or sharpie.
- Turn your ornament upside down on a cup and let the excess paint drip and dry out overnight. (sometimes, when we feel impatient we finish the rest and let them dry upside down after we have done the rest of the decorating.
- While you let the excess paint drip out you can get started on the unicorn’s horn. Roll model magic out into a thin snake shape. Begin at the top and coil it up, getting larger as you go down until you have made a horn shape of the size you like.
- If your want to add a little sparkle squeeze some glue onto the horn and sprinkle with glitter, set aside to dry. Your horn will take 3 days to dry out completely but we have found painting or adding glue still allows it to dry just fine.
- Cut two white triangles and two smaller pink triangles to create ears, slightly round the corners. Hot glue on either side of the opening of your Christmas ornament.
- To complete your unicorn use puffy paint to draw on her forelock, you can add a mane to the back if you like as well.
- Once your paint is dry inside you can replace the cap and hanger.
Isn’t this a fun gift idea for the unicorn lover on your Christmas list?