This Decoupage Cross Ornament craft for kids is a simple Christmas activity that you can do with your kids at home or in a Sunday school class.
Making your own decoupage cross ornament is simple. This is a great craft to help kids get into the true meaning of the holiday spirit while creating an ornament you can cherish for years. Here is how to get started.
You can use scrapbook paper, a page from an old book or even a page a sheet music to cover the craft sticks. Each child can create their own unique cross ornament.
Cross Ornament Craft for Kids
- 2 large wood craft sticks
- scrapbook paper of choice (or old book pages/sheet music pages)
- white glue that dries clear or Mod Podge
- fresh or faux greenery
- glue or glue stick
1. Trace the sticks on the paper of your choice. This will help give you a stencil for when you are ready to cut.
2. Cut out the two stick shapes from the paper.
3. Add a thin layer of glue to the tops only of the craft sticks. Press the paper cutouts to the wood and smooth out removing any air bubbles or wrinkles.
4. Add a second layer (thin) of Mod Podge or glue over the paper. This will help seal it.
5. Prepare to assemble the cross. Cut the ends off of one of the sticks to create the top beam of the cross.
6. Add some glue to the back and press it to the top of the other stick. You now have your cross shape.
7. On the back, add a generous amount of glue and attach the greenery pieces and twine for hanging.
Your decoupage cross ornament is now ready to be displayed. It even makes a great gift during the holiday season!
More Christmas Tree Ornament Crafts for Kids
Canning Jar Lid Wreath Ornament
Snowman Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
More Christmas Crafts for Kids
Clothespin Nativity Scene with a Popsicle Stick Stable
Leave a Reply