Jodi is sharing her Pretzel Peppermint Bark recipe.
A delicious twist on an old favorite Christmas candy. The pretzels in this candy give a light salty flavor that enhances the sweetness. A little really does go a long way. I love dark chocolate with a white drizzle but you can use milk, dark, white, or semi-sweet in any combination you choose. It makes a lovely hostess gift in a pretty box. Treat for your mailman, hairdresser, or give it as a thank you gift for your pet groomer. I make a double batch, because I like to keep this on hand at all times during the holidays for myself- you know, for emergencies…
- 8 oz. milk or dark chocolate
- 1 oz. white chocolate- for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 2 cups broken pretzels (can use gluten-free pretzels)
- crushed candy canes or peppermints
- Spread wax paper out on a pan or baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds intervals, stirring between each time, watching closely so chocolate doesn't scorch.
- Stir in 1 tsp. Peppermint extract.
- In a large bowl stir broken pretzel pieces and melted chocolate together, coating well.
- Spread mixture onto wax lined baking sheet, spreading it out with a spatula.
- Allow chocolate to set- you can put it in refrigerator or freezer to speed it up.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave the same way, stirring between each 30 second interval.
- Drizzle all over chocolate and pretzel bark.
- While white chocolate is still wet, sprinkle desired amount of crushed candy canes over the top.
- Allow chocolate to set.
- Break into small pieces ( This bark is very rich and small pieces are plenty)
More Recipes Using Candy Canes:
Hi, I am Jody Smith. I am a Christian stay at home mom of 2 living in fun, and sunny Florida. I am passionate about: cooking, gardening, my backyard chickens, reading and scrapbooking. I love taking all kinds of things apart and remaking it my own. If I am not busy at one of those activities I must be sleeping (which I’m also crazy about).