When my dad lasted visited I made Salmon with Raspberry Balsamic Glaze for dinner. We had some leftover, so the next day I decided to use the leftover salmon to create a salad. My dad got in on the act and suggested that I add the leftover blueberries and bacon from breakfast to the salad and a masterpiece was created!
I have made this several times since and you can use any type of leftover cooked fish in this salad
This salad is very easy to make and comes together quickly. It is made by combining salmon, spinach, apples, blueberries, bacon, and walnuts.
I topped it with a homemade raspberry vinaigrette that is made using pure-fruit raspberry jam and balsamic vinegar. If you use regular jam, you can reduce or eliminate the sugar in the dressing recipe.
This salad is packed full of super-foods and is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free.
- 8 cups spinach leaves
- 8 oz. cooked salmon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 slices bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- dash of pepper
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, salmon, apple slices, blueberries, walnut, and bacon. Toss.
- Ina small bowl or cruet, combine raspberry jam, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sugar, ground mustard, and pepper. Shake or stir to thoroughly combine.
- Serve the salad on plates and then top with dressing.