Are you ready for Christmas? I sure am. I love Christmas, it is my favorite time of the year. I also love to make Christmas crafts. My home will be decorated with many of our homemade Christmas crafts.
However, Christmas can be very busy and hectic, so I like super quick projects that will fit into my schedule.
I have this thing for snowmen. I just love them and think they are just the cutest thing, so when I saw this snowman made with a tube sock and rice, I just had to make it and share with all of you.
This is one of the quickest crafts and is easy enough for your small children to help with too.
- 1 white sock, tube socks work best
- oatmeal for filler~rice, beans, or sand will also work
- 2 rubberbands
- buttons, including 2 black buttons for eyes
- something for the nose like the tip of a toothpick painted orange
- hot glue gun
- Cut off the foot part of your sock. You will need the tube part to be the body of the snowman, the foot will be the hat.
- Turn the tube part of your sock inside out and wrap a rubber band around the bottom of the sock.
- Turn the sock right side out, the tip that you wrapped the rubberband around will be on the inside of the sock.
- Fill the sock with your filler.
- Close the top by using another rubber band around the top.
- Use the ribbon as the scarf, once you tie the ribbon around, you will have 2 snowballs formed.
- Next hot glue your eyes, nose, buttons and other embellishments you want.
- Cut the foot of the sock to your preference for the size of the hat. You can always use a colorful patterned sock for the hat.