I wanted to create an epic side dish for a Game Day Party. I decided to combine the elements of a casserole and a dip together to create a Jalapeno Popper Casserole Recipe. I took my Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe and altered it and then layered it over tater tots to create an incredibly delicious and slightly addictive Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole!
The great thing about this Jalapeno Popper Casserole Recipe is that it is perfect as a hearty game day appetizer, a pot luck side dish, or a fun brunch recipe. Really you can make up any excuse, and we have, to serve this jalapeno popper casserole.
Jalapeno Popper Casserole Recipe
To make this Jalapeno Popper Casserole recipe, you first layer tater tots in a casserole dish. Then bake them for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
While the tater tots are baking, cook the bacon. Then mix the Jalapeno Popper Dip ingredients together . After you pull the tater tots out of the oven, spread the Jalapeno Popper Dip mixture over the tater tots.
Then sprinkle cheese over the Jalapeno Popper Dip layer. Top with the remaining bacon and green onions. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees. Sever while still warm.
Printable Recipe for Jalapeno Popper Casserole
- 2 - 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened at room temperature.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Mexican Cheddar Jack Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 Jalapeno Peppers, deseeded, and diced
- 1 - 2 lb. bag of tater tots
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a casserole dish with tater tots. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While the tater tots are baking, cook bacon, blot fat away, and crumble into small pieces. Dice the peppers and slice the onions..
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1½ cups of Cheddar jack cheese, bacon (save a little bit for the topping), diced Jalapeno peppers, and most of the sliced onions (save a few for the top). Stir to thoroughly combine ingredients.
- Spread the jalapeno mixture over the top of the tater tots.
- Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Sprinkle the extra bacon pieces and onion slices over the top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
My friend Mandi of Moments with Mandi made a video of her making the casserole. She is sharing it with us, so you can see how easy it is to make.