If you have browsed the Anthropologie catalog lately, you will notice their love for bottle brush Christmas trees. They use these little darlings in so much of their decor, and it is no surprise since they are a reminder of Christmas past. Women use to make their own bottle brush trees out of the same bottle brushes they used to clean dishes with. Luckily, we have it a little bit easier today. Take a look at how we used these vintage inspired darlings to make our own Anthropologie Inspired Christmas Tree Centerpiece, perfect for decorating your holiday table with. The best part is, you can get everything you need from your local dollar store. Here is how to get started.
Anthropologie Inspired Christmas Tree Centerpiece
- Glass candle holder
- Small baking dish or saucer
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Faux snow
- Assorted bottle brush trees
As mentioned, you can find these supplies at your local dollar store. If you can't find the exact baking dish we used, you can always find a similar substitute that works well with the candle holder.
Once you have your supplies, you can start crafting! You will find that this may be one of the easiest crafts you do this Christmas! Here is what you will do:
1. Begin by applying the hot glue to the top of the candle holder. Work quickly because it will turn hard about 15 seconds after touching the glass. Be generous with your glue, as you will need a good glob of it to hold the baking dish in place.
2. Quickly press the bottom of the baking dish to the glue. Press it firmly so it adheres. If you wish, place a brick or another heavy object on top of the dish to keep it pressed to the glue.
3. Now, fill the baking dish with your faux snow. You can use small styrofoam snow pieces like we found or just add glitter or cotton balls. You will find that your dollar store will have other miniatures you can add as well, should you be so inclined!
4. Place the trees in the snow. Add as little or as many as you wish. For mine, I went for the whole forest.
When you are done, you have the perfect Anthropologie Inspired Christmas Tree Centerpiece. Add it to your holiday table or even save it for gifting.
For more fun with bottle brush trees, check out the Anthropologie Inspired Glittered Ombre Trees I made over at The Homespun Hydrangea. This is an example of another fun way to use those little bottle brush trees.
Happy holidays, and happy crafting!