Scented wax melts can add fresh and beautiful scents to your home but they can be pricey. Below you will find a tutorial for coffee scented wax melts that use common pantry ingredients.
Making your own wax melts not only saves money but they are often safer than store-bought. You have complete control over the ingredients, so you can avoid chemicals that you don't have unnecessary chemicals in your scented wax melts. The scent on our coffee wax melts is light and inviting.
Wax melts also make a lovely housewarming or holiday gift. Let your little ones make these Homemade Coffee Wax Melts with you and give them as gifts to family and teachers. We made this batch with some of our favorite pantry ingredients and kids can safely do all of it except for pouring the hot melted ingredients!
How to Make Coffee Scented Wax Melts
- ¼ cup Beeswax pastilles
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- Fresh coffee beans
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- A small silicone mold
You may need more ingredients depending on how many cavities are in your chosen mold and how large each mold is, but this wax melt recipe is a good starting size.
- Have your child fill each cavity in your silicone mold halfway with coffee beans and a generous sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Place beeswax and coconut in a small bowl and melt in the microwave in 20-second increments until melted, stirring often.
- Mix in vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Carefully pour into the cavities over the coffee beans and fill to the top.
- Sprinkle a little more cinnamon on top if you like.
- Allow the wax melts to cool for an hour or until they are solid. Then you or your child will be able to safely remove them from the mold.
- Place the wax melts in a mason jar for gifting or include them with a new warmer as a gift.
Variations on Scented Wax Melts
You can vary your coffee scented wax melts by using a bit of cocoa powder in place of the cinnamon to create Mocha Wax Melts.
You can also use different extracts like peppermint or hazelnut in place of the vanilla extract to create your favorite coffee scented wax melts.
Storing wax melts:
These wax melts will be softer and melt easier than store bought melts. Be sure to store them in a cool location.