The holidays are approaching, and this means lots of baking will be taking place in the kitchen. And while you might be busy baking cookies for after dinner treats and guests, did you know they can also come in handy in your crafting? Using cookies to create a darling cookie wreath is so easy, and in no time you can have the perfect accent for your front door. If you want to know more about making these darling cookie wreaths, take a peek below. You only need a few simple supplies and in no time you can have a tasty looking wreath such as this!
Darling DIY Cookie Wreath
- Thick wired ribbon
- Hot glue
- Glue gun
1. The easiest way to begin your wreath is to lay your actual cookies into a circle. This way, you can see how the finished product will look and it will give you a guide to work with.
2. Once you have arranged your cookies in a wreath shape, you can start applying glue. Do this by working in a clockwise direction. Apply a generous dab of glue to the underside of the cookies, and then press them to the cookie next to it.
3. Continue adding glue to the underneath of the cookies and pressing them back into place so you are staying in tune with the wreath shape you originally created.
4. Once your base wreath is made, take a few extra cookies and glue them on the wreath for a little depth and interest. This layering looks so nice and adds a little more bulk to the wreath.
5. When your glue is dry, cut a length of ribbon. Run the ribbon through the wreath and create a bow at the top. Be sure to use wire ribbon as it will best support the wreath.
Now all you need to do is find a place to hang your creation. Try it on a door or in an entryway, on a mantel, or even your office door. Not only does a cookie wreath like this look great, but they also smell great too!
So gather your supplies and give this darling DIY cookie wreath a try. You are sure to come up with something that looks just as sweet and tasty!
More Homemade Christmas Decorating Ideas:
- Frugal Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Easy Sock Snowman
- 10 Homemade Christmas Wreaths
- 15 Homemade Nativity Scenes
- How to Make a Hurricane Candle Holder
- 15 DIY Christmas Decor Ideas
- 15 Homemade Christmas Decorations
If you like making homemade items, check out these DIY Gift Ideas.