Scrabble tile wine markers are such a clever way to keep track of drinks at a party. You can make your own using this tutorial on how to make word tile letter wine markers.
If you have ever hosted a party, you know how it can be sometimes hard to make sure everyone keeps track of their wine glasses. Sure, you can purchase wine glass markers, but for a truly custom look, these Wood Tile Letter Wine Markers are perfect.
Since these wine markers are made with wood tiles, they can add a rustic charm to any party and would be great for a country wedding, too. They are inexpensive to make since the supplies can be bought for a very low cost. The letters themselves come from a popular board game we all know, Scrabble! You can find used sets of this game at thrift stores pretty easily. It doesn’t even matter if the set is missing letters, either, because you will have plenty to work with.
These Scrabble Letter Wine Markers also make a great gift for your favorite word buff or a fun party favor.
Wood Tile Letter Wine Markers
- assorted wood tile letters (found at most craft stores or use old Scrabble tiles)
- crafting wire (we used copper colored wire)
- wire cutter
- super adhesive such as hot glue or super glue
- Begin by choosing which letters you will need. You want the first initial for each guest you want to make a wine marker for.
- Clean the back of the tile off well. This will help the wire adhere nicely and keep it in place.
- Cut a length of wire about 5 inches long. You want plenty of room to attach the tile while still being able to wrap it around the stem of the glass.
- Wrap the wire around your finger or a pencil to create the spiral. Take the top two inches of wire and wrap them into a hook that will be able to wrap the glass stem.
- Add a generous amount of glue to the back of the wood tile. Press it to the top of the spiral and hold in place until secure.
Your Wood Tile Wine Markers can now be attached to the stems of your glasses. If you are making these wine glass charms for a wedding, they are perfect souvenirs, too!