Fall seems to go so quickly, and before you know it winter is here and the cabin fever sets in. This year, don't let winter sneak in without enjoying all there is to love about fall. Fall offers you the chance to unwind, explore nature, and enjoy other sights and smells that only the fall season can bring. Here are 30 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy Fall so you can make the most of this beautiful season.
30 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy Fall
1. Invest in a box of assorted spiced teas to enjoy in the mornings and evenings.
2. Treat yourself to a soft blanket or throw. They are perfect for chilly evenings or for use while reading.
3. Head to the library and pick up some romance novels to enjoy.
4. Eat dinner outdoors for the last few times, even if it means wearing a sweater or light jacket.
5. Host a cocktail and dessert night with friends on the patio. Enjoy pumpkin spice drinks, desserts, and more. You can serve this Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake.
6. Take the kids on evening strolls while the weather is still nice.
7. Go on a leaf hunt. Preserve your favorite fall leaves and frame them. Here is a DIY portable flower press you can take with you.
8. Take kids on a fall nature hunt. Look for signs of the changing season such as colored leaves, animals with thicker coats, and bare trees.
9. Make leaf rubbings with your children and display them.
10. Buy a box of hot chocolate and enjoy it on the patio or deck.
11. Start knitting or crocheting cold weather accessories such as mittens and scarves. Here are 10 free scarf and hat knitting patterns for kids to get you started.
12. Enjoy some classic movies when you settle in for the evening.
13. Pull out your favorite crock pot recipes and start cooking some hearty meals.
14. Make a pot of your favorite chili or stew.
15. Try baking your own bread. Invite friends over to share it with you.
16. Switch out your K-cups with fall flavors and spice blends.
17. Make some homemade pumpkin spice mix and find recipes or crafts to use it in. Here is one for Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe.
18. Go apple picking with family or friends. Here are tips for going apple picking.
19. Pick up some maple donuts and cider for breakfast.
20. Build a scarecrow out of old clothing and accessories.
21. Visit local parks for the last few time while the weather is still pleasant.
22. Collect acorns for the birds and other animals to eat.
23. Watch a beautiful fall sunset.
24. Take out your camera and catch some photos of fall in action.
25. Have a good old fashioned leaf fight. Don't be afraid to jump in a pile of leaves.
26. Enjoy fall produce such as squash and corn.
27. Visit a local pumpkin patch. Carve and decorate your pumpkins.
28. Bake something delicious using apples. Peach and Apple Cobbler anyone?
29. Add some fall colors to your home decor. Burnt orange, red, dark green, and yellow are great choices.
30. Try some fall scented candles or air fresheners in your home or office.
See how simple it can be to slow down and enjoy fall? Don't rush this beautiful season, instead, savor every moment with these suggestions. Once winter settles in, you will be happy you did.