Once you get selling on eBay, you want to make sure your items are pulling in top dollar. Simple newbie mistakes can prevent this from happening, so be sure you give the five tips below your attention. These five tips for making more money on eBay will help you avoid these newbie mistakes and get more money for your listings. Take a look!
5 Tips for Making More Money on eBay
1. Include multiple pictures. Even the simplest item should be photographed from multiple angles. Buyers love multiple clear photos. Try to include at least 3 photos in your listing, taken in good light and in focus. Nothing will turn away a buyer more quickly than a bad photo. Also, be sure your backgrounds are clean and basic. Would you buy a shirt from a seller with ten cats in the background? It may sound funny, but it happens!
2. Use a catchy and keyword filled title. Are you selling a Gymboree dress? Don’t just put “Gymboree Dress” in the title. Put every possible keyword a potential buyer could be searching under. A better title would be, “Gymboree Girls Size 5 Jumper Dress Gently Used Pink and Blue Flowers” This way, anyone searching for size 5, girl’s clothing, Gymboree clothing, or even a pink flower dress will find it. The more words you cram in, the better.
3. Start your bidding low. Even if your item is worth $50, don’t start the bidding there. Always start low, like $9.99, and let the bidding climb from there. If you are worried about it hitting what it is worth, set a reserve. A reserve will allow you to keep the item if it doesn’t hit the amount you want to get for it.
4. Be as descriptive as possible. Don’t put a generic description in for the item. Give as many details as possible. Put measurements and condition, even specify colors. Invite buyers to ask you questions, be clear about your shipping costs, and come across and friendly and open. This will invite buyers to bid.
5. Sell in quantity. When a buyer looks at your auction listing, there is a link to take them to your other items. When you list multiple items as once, your items have a better exposure. Try to list 5-10 items at a time, and specify in your listing that you have other auctions available. This way, buyers can click on the link and see what else you have that they may want. You can also offer a shipping discount if the buyer bids on multiple items from you.
When you give these tips a try, you will find that your eBay auctions will fetch you more cash. The next time you list your items, put these tips to use and see what a difference they make!