How to Start Selling on eBay
eBay has been around for many years as a place for both buyer and sellers to meet up. Perhaps you have used eBay to make purchases, but wanted to start cashing in on the site yourself. Selling your items on eBay is easier than you may think, and listing an item takes just a few minutes. In no time, you can turn your trash into cash and become an eBay top seller. Take a look below at some helpful tips on how to start selling on eBay. When you give these tips a try, you can find that eBay can be quite profitable!
7 Steps to Get Started Selling on eBay
1. Register your account. Making an eBay account is simple. You will need to create a username, password, and can add a profile picture if you wish. You will also enter your basic personal information such as contact information. At this time, you will need to link up a PayPal account to your seller account as well. eBay guides you through this process painlessly. Once you do, buyers will now have a way to pay you for their purchases.
2. Browse the categories and decide what to sell. Now you need items to sell. A good idea is to browse the various categories to get an idea of what others are listing. If you have an idea in mind, for example, if you have children’s clothing you wish to sell, look up the same brands and styles to see what it’s fetching. A great idea is to search the “completed listings” by clicking the box on the left of the screen. This way, you can see what items ended at and get a true indication!
3. Take a great picture. Use natural light or a spot light and plain background to take a clear picture. Take a front photo, photo of the back of the item, and be sure to photograph any marking such as tags, labels, etc. This way, the buyer will feel confident that they have seen the item as a whole when placing a bid.
4. Start your listing. You can now start your listing. To do this, choose the category you want the item in, upload your photos, create a title, and fill in the details. Don’t worry about forgetting any details as eBay has a comprehensive form that you just fill in the blanks. Set your starting price, auction length, and then list it. Now the fun happens!
5. Watch your auction. Over the course of your auction, keep an eye on it in case an prospective sellers want to ask you questions. Answer them back as soon as possible to grab any possible bids.
6. Send your invoice. When your auction ends, you will get an email notification. Go to your home page and click “send invoice” to fill out the PayPal form that will be sent to your buyer. This is a cinch!
7. Ship your item. Once the payment comes in, you are ready to ship your item. Ship in a timely manner, and don’t forget to package the item well. It may be traveling far! Once your auction is complete and the item is sent, feel free to leave the buyer feedback. If you had a great experience, they are likely to do the same for you. This is important for new sellers especially because a good feedback rating will help build your credibility and buyers will be more apt to buy from you.
Selling on eBay is fun and easy. Give these steps a try and create an account for yourself. In no time you will be selling like a pro!