Valentine's Day may still be a month away, but it is not too early to start decking your halls with all things hearts. Decorating for Valentine's Day is a great way to add a pop of color to your home after all of the Christmas holiday decor comes down. You don't need to spend a great deal of money on such decor, nor do you need to be a super crafty queen to create it. In fact, with just a few dollars and a few minutes you can create the lace heart bunting banner such as the one below. Take a look at how simple it is to make this swoon worthy craft!
How to Make a Lace Heart Bunting Valentine's Day Banner
- Paper heart doilies in both red and pink
- Red or pink ribbon
We were able to find the paper hearts and ribbon we needed at our local dollar store. Since we already had scissors and glue, this craft in total only cost $3 with plenty of materials left over for other crafts. Now that is something worth falling in love with!
1. Begin by laying your ribbon flat across a counter top or floor. It will be easier to work with this way.
2. Add a dab of glue to the back of your heart, up near the top where it arches.
3. Press the heart directly to the ribbon. Hold it in place for several seconds to make sure it adheres well.
4. Scoot over 2 inches and repeat the process using an alternating color heart as we did.
5. Once you have your row of hearts glued in place, you can add a second layer. Do this by attaching a heart to the bottom of two hearts from your previous row. This will just fancy it up a bit and add a little more interest in the piece.
Your lace heart bunting banner is all ready for display now. How sweet would this piece look hanging from a mantel or doorway? It is sure to get anyone who enters your home into a festive mood!
So head to your local dollar store and gather your supplies. After your Christmas decor comes down, you will be in the mood to keep the party going. This lace heart bunting banner craft is the perfect solution.
More DIY Valentine’s Day Ideas
- 15 DIY Valentine’s Day Decor Ideas
- 5 Valentine’s Day Games for Kids
- 15 DIY Valentine’s Day Cards for Kids
- 15 Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids
- Cherry-Flavored White Chocolate Hearts
- Chocolate Dipped Clementine Hearts
- Homemade Dark Chocolate Truffles Hearts
- 5 Valentine's Decorations to Last the Year