If you are looking for a sweet smelling, handmade Valentine’s Day gift, this essential oil scented felt heart sachet is perfect. Don’t worry, as you don’t need to make a single stitch to craft one. In fact, all you need is a little felt and your favorite essential oil and you are all set! If you have a special sweetheart you would like to make one of these essential oil scented sachets for, take a peek below for the tutorial!
How to Make a Felt Heart Sachet
- Felt in choice of colors
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Essential oil of choice
1. Begin by cutting out two symmetrical hearts. These can be any size you wish. For ours, we opted for a heart that was about palm size.
2. Next, cut out additional, smaller hearts to use as embellished layers. These can be in the size and color of your choosing.
3. You are now going to start stuffing your sachet. To do this, just use your leftover felt scraps! They are soft and absorbent, and they are the perfect size for this project. Simply bunch them up and set them in the center of one of your hearts.
4. Next, add your essential oils. I placed a few drops directly onto the felt scraps and gave it a few seconds to absorb and soak in.
5. Next, you want to place the top on the sachet. Don’t worry, you won’t need to get out a needle and thread. All you need to do is trace the outline with hot glue, and place the additional heart cut out on top. Press the sides firmly to make sure the pieces are well adhered.
6. You can now finish the sachet by adding the additional layers. Simply add some glue to them and press them into place. This step is super easy and only limited by your imagination!
That is all there is to it! Your essential oils heart sachet is now ready for gift giving. Your sweetheart can place these in a purse, sock drawer, desk drawer, closet, or even school locker. It is sure to provide scent for several week. When the scent fades no worries, just dab a few more drops of the oil directly onto the felt and let it absorb. You can do this over and over again.
More Valentine’s Day DIY Projects