Grab your saved wine corks for this easy Wine Cork Christmas Tree craft. It's a fun and frugal way to decorate your home for the holidays. Don't have any corks on hand? No problem, they are easy to find at your local craft store!
If you love a good glass of wine, you may have some extra corks laying around. The good news is, even if you don't you can buy them at craft stores! Cork crafts are blowing up online and for good reason. They are super easy to do and the create a neat array of gifts and decorations. They are also easy to use and work with. If you drink wine, you can set your corks aside after each bottle and then you don't need to worry about buying them. This Wine Cork Christmas Tree craft is no exception! So get out your corks and some craft paint and make this quick and easy cork craft.
Wine Cork Christmas Tree Craft Tutorial
- 23 wine corks (not rubber)
- 3 different shades of green craft paint
- red craft paint
- yellow craft paint
- hot glue gun
- foam paint brush (optional)
- paper plate
1. Lay an old newspaper down on your work surface.
2. Squirt a quarter sized amount of each color paint onto a paper plate.
3. Dip the ends of 15 corks into your different shades of green paint or paint with a foam paint brush and let dry.
4. Dip the ends of 5 corks into your red paint and let dry.
5. Now dip the end of 1 cork into your yellow paint and let dry.
6. Start forming your Christmas tree by gluing 6 green corks together in a row.
5. On the next row up, glue a mix of 5 red and green corks. Continue to do this on each row, with one less cork each time until you reach the top.
7. Glue one yellow cork at the very top of the tree.
8. Glue two plain corks onto the bottom center of the tree for the tree trunk.
9. Hot glue a piece of twine onto the back top of your Christmas tree. Wrap it around to the bottom of the tree at an angle and glue the end to the back.