Making a few of these make-ahead breakfast recipes will give you a week’s worth of homemade breakfasts and free up more time for other things.
Everyone says breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it is also the hardest to find time for. Most of us are just trying to get where we need to be on time and making a homemade breakfast every day is just not in the cards. But just because you can’t make a homemade breakfast every day, doesn’t mean you can’t eat a homemade breakfast every day. That is what make-ahead breakfasts are for!
How to Streamline Breakfast Meal Prep
As a big fan of make-ahead breakfast myself, I have one tip that really streamlines your meal prep. If you are always making your “make-ahead” breakfast the night before, you are working way too hard. It is more efficient to carve out an hour or two on the weekend and make 4-5 servings of a few make-ahead breakfast recipes (you can do more or less depending on how many people you are cooking for). It is faster to make several servings of the same recipe at a time, and then you have one less thing to worry about on week nights. Here are 10 make-ahead breakfast recipes to get you started.
Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes
1. Cantaloupe, Apple, and Strawberry Yogurt Cup – If you make these amazing yogurt cups in mason jars, you can make them several days ahead of time.
2. Bacon Breakfast Cups – If you like a protein packed breakfast, but don’t have time to cook bacon and eggs every morning, you should try these delicious breakfast cups.
3. Steak and Asparagus Breakfast Wraps – You can turn this into a make-ahead recipe two different ways. You can make a bunch of wraps over the weekend, or you can just make the scrambled egg filling ahead of time and scoop some onto a spinach wrap each morning.
4. Pizza Egg Puffs – Egg puffs are one of my favorite make-ahead breakfast recipes because they are as easy to cook and store as muffins, but pack all the protein of eggs. These pizza flavored ones are a great way to sneak protein into breakfasts for kids (and adults).
5. Fruit, Chia, and Trail Mix Yogurt Cup – With yogurt, trail mix, and chia, this light and flavorful breakfast will keep you going all morning. Again, they will last longer in sealed containers such as mason jars.
6. Sheet Pan Scrambled Eggs – Sheet pan scrambled eggs make it easy to batch cook and portion eggs. You can cut them into squares to make your own breakfast sandwiches.
7. Chai Spiced Zucchini Muffins – These delicious muffins are so flavorful you will forget they have zucchini in them, and they have oatmeal so they are more filling than most muffins.
8. Blackberry Egg Puffs – Egg puffs can be made with any flavor you would put in a muffin, and these blackberry egg puffs are a great example.
9. Pumpkin Pancakes and Pumpkin Muffins – Both of these pumpkin recipes can be made ahead and frozen for later use.
10. Mediterranian Garden Frittata – Why is a frittata on a list of make-ahead breakfast recipes? While they are typically associated with brunch, you can make a frittata on a Sunday night, cut in into slices, and pack them in lunches for the week.