Get a jump start on your week by making some of these overnight oatmeal recipes!
I have never been a fan of traditional carb filled breakfast foods. They always leave me foraging in my fridge for “second breakfast” about an hour later. But who has the time to cook a balanced breakfast every morning? That is why overnight oats are one of my favorite make-ahead breakfasts. I love that you can make them as nutrient dense as you want by adding flax meal, protein powders, or chia seeds and the flavors in the oatmeal cover it.
Despite the name, you can make overnight oatmeal several days ahead of time. It takes all of 5 minutes for me to make enough overnight oatmeal to have quick and healthy breakfasts all week. I buy a one-quart container of vanilla or chocolate almond milk every week and use it to make 6 jars of oatmeal for a week’s worth of breakfasts. Here are 10 overnight oatmeal recipes that you can make ahead to have great breakfasts all week.
10 Overnight Oatmeal Recipes
1. Many of my overnight oatmeal recipes follow the same basic recipe listed below.
Basic overnight oatmeal recipe using Greek yogurt:
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk or nut milk or your choice
You can flavor it according to your taste by using flavored milk or yogurt, or by adding fruit and spices.
2. Apple Pie Overnight Oatmeal – This delicious and dairy-free recipe is one of my go-to’s. The spices and vanilla almond milk make it taste like apple pie a la mode, but it contains very little sugar apart from what is naturally in the apples.
3. Pumpkin Pie Refrigerator Oatmeal – If you are like me and would eat pumpkin pie every day all year, this oatmeal recipe is for you. It tastes just like pumpkin pie without the calories and extra sugar.
4. Apricot Vanilla Cashew Refridgerator Oatmeal – This flavorful oatmeal recipe makes a balanced breakfast in a jar, complete with nuts and fresh fruit.
5. Carrot Cake Overnight Oatmeal – You can enjoy all the flavors of a carrot cake without the excess calories by making this overnight oatmeal recipe. This one is also dairy-free!
6. Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oatmeal – Lemon poppy seed muffins are one of my favorites, but are far from a nutritious breakfast. I think this lemon poppy seed oatmeal tastes even better!
7. Oatmeal Cookie Overnight Oats – This oatmeal cookie oats recipe is perfect for satisfying cookie cravings without baking (and potentially eating) a whole pan.
8. Peanut Butter Trail Mix Refridgerator Oatmeal – I love this peanut butter flavored oatmeal recipe. Its main ingredients are common pantry staples, so it is perfect for nights when you realize you have no food to take to work in the morning!
9. Strawberry Overnight Oats with Variations – If you love strawberries, you’ll want to try these three strawberry overnight oatmeal recipes, including a strawberry rhubarb recipe and a decadent sundae recipe.
10. Pumpkin Pecan Overnight Oatmeal – This pumpkin pecan oatmeal is a delicious fall treat perfect for quick breakfasts before school.